Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Send a message via Yahoo to reynrock
Default Hello

Hi everyone I'm wanting to try to build my own computer i have a few things already but my main problem is i'm not real sure about what computer parts are compatible with each other.I also dont understand a lot moutherboards,processors,ect i can list the things i have i just need some help letting me know about what else i need and how to go about putting it together without it (blowing up in my face) not working.I would be happy with any hepl i can get.Thanks

reynrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Baseband Member
Default Re: Hello

Im not really good at explaining so ill do my best

Computer parts can be quite confusing I agree but to get around this just compare the specs of all the parts. Start with a processor that you like and work around it. Check the specs and look for motherboards that have "like" specs. For example. If i want to use an intel core 2 duo processor the specs will say it has a socket LGA775. I just look for motherboards that have compatibility with this number.

For my first build i got a book about putting computers together. You can go onto Amazon or your local bookstore and look for one. They help quite a bit for your first build.

Good Luck.

My current Build

Windows XP SP 3 (Yeah pretty old)
Processor-Intel Core 2 Duo 6300@1.88 GHz
Ram-4 GB ram
Hard Drive-Maxtor 320Gb and external Freegate 250 GB
PNY Nvidia Verto 9500 GT 1GB
Too lazy to look up my Mobo but i know its Gigabyte
wizard12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Hello

Well what do you plan on doing with the computer?? What is your budget??? What parts do you already have that you may want to reuse???

Putting them together is really easy its pretty self explanatory once you get inside of it...Almost everything you have only fits into one place and as far as compatibility asking on here will give you all the answers you could ever think of so feel free to ask away and we will help you as best as we can....

You can also find A LOT of tutorials for builds on YouTube...Some of them are pretty good at showing everything you need and also the manuals and stuff that come with the motherboard will show you in great detail where everything goes...
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote