Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #21
In Runtime
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 427
Default

Well, if you can access the CD Rom drive, which has the OS CD in I suppose, then you type setup.exe and install the OS.
__________________

r53s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #22
In Runtime
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C
Posts: 401
Default Re: Heelllpppp!!!!!

I tried, but it said setup failed or something, then it went on to say if I had an ntfs or some other file system, to create a dos boot partition.....i'm stumped
__________________

Marshillboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:43 PM   #23
BSOD
 
zipperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default Re: Heelllpppp!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshillboy
I have a 10-something year old computer, and recently I had to reformat the disk, due to a missing boot sector. After that, I was able to get the hard drive working, but with the windows files missing, I cannot install CD-ROM drive files, and with the CD-ROM drive files missing, I cannot install windows!!!!
Is it what you described in you post ? That can't be 10 years old.
But it seems my friend bluto's posts are missing.
This is a very simple answer,but !!!
=============
You need Dos Disks and a W95 cd or a W98 system disk and a W98 cd.
=============
Why did you not realize that formating removes everything.Did you not see the warning.!!!
=============
bluto posted about installing a Dos/W95 cdrom.
You need a driver floppy disk and Dos installed first.
Please quote this in replys.
zipperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:52 PM   #24
In Runtime
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C
Posts: 401
Default Re: Heelllpppp!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperman
Is it what you described in you post ? That can't be 10 years old.
But it seems my friend bluto's posts are missing.
This is a very simple answer,but !!!
=============
You need Dos Disks and a W95 cd or a W98 system disk and a W98 cd.
=============
Why did you not realize that formating removes everything.Did you not see the warning.!!!
=============
bluto posted about installing a Dos/W95 cdrom.
You need a driver floppy disk and Dos installed first.
Please quote this in replys.
Yeah, well there wasn't much I could do! When I started it up, it said boot setor not found, and it didn't recognise C:!
EDIT:BTW, what files do I need to install dos?
Marshillboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:17 PM   #25
BSOD
 
zipperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default Re: Heelllpppp!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshillboy
Yeah, well there wasn't much I could do! When I started it up, it said boot setor not found, and it didn't recognise C:!
EDIT:BTW, what files do I need to install dos?
Please clear this up,what is this describeing,?
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60Ghz 512 MB of RAM 2 x Maxtor HD
WinFast AGP A180B nVidia GeForce Mx4000 GPU card, 64-bit 128MB DDR
Sony CD-RW, Hitachi DVD-ROM
D-Link AirPlus G Wireless PCI Adapter, Lots of other stuff...
Me for Mod!!!
Thats not 10 years old so please describe it first.
All components and reasons.
zipperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #26
In Runtime
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C
Posts: 401
Default Re: Heelllpppp!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperman
Please clear this up,what is this describeing,?
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60Ghz (O.C. to 2.8) 512 MB of RAM 2 x Maxtor HD
WinFast AGP A180B nVidia GeForce Mx4000 GPU card, 64-bit 128MB DDR
Sony CD-RW, Hitachi DVD-ROM
D-Link AirPlus G Wireless PCI Adapter, Lots of other stuff...
Me for Mod!!!
Thats not 10 years old so please describe it first.
All components and reasons.
Uhm, this is MY computer, the old one is my lil sis'. You seriously don't think I would let myself get stuck with a gateway 2000 .
__________________

Marshillboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Flash Objects | Lcd »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0