Heelllpppp!!!!!

Marshillboy

In Runtime
I have a 10-something year old computer, and recently I had to reformat the disk, due to a missing boot sector. After that, I was able to get the hard drive working, but with the windows files missing, I cannot install CD-ROM drive files, and with the CD-ROM drive files missing, I cannot install windows!!!! :mad: :confused:

Hmm weird, the windows disc should have the drivers at hand to set it going.

I don't know about PC's that old, but does it have a bios you can go into to change the boot order for example, making the cdrom load first?

Next go here:

www.bootdisk.com

Download the one appropiate to the windows you want to install, or just a standard boot disc which will contain cd rom drivers needed, and the operations to boot up to the windows cd. You'll need a floppy disc drive though, but I expect that PC to have one.

I hope this helps :)

I like the W98 boot floppy that you make directly from that operating
system...it lets you access CD, only take care that it changes the letter of the drive (C becomes D)...

Can you use that then? It'll have drivers on it to make the CD rom drive work, and any other pherphials that are needed. If it doesn't, i'd download another one from that site :)

why do you need to send it me? I'm just saying to use it :p or download another.

Sorry, I somehow got you two mixed up. Mustn't of looked at the names. Sorry mate....

Back
Top Bottom