HEEELP please

elrodd

Solid State Member
ok so i bought/sorta built a new comp from cyberpower and it just doesn't seems like it's running like it should...i have a geforce 8800gt v-card, 4gb of OCZ pc 6400 gaming RAM, dual core 2.33ghz processor, ASUS 650 sli motherboard and vista home premium 64-bit....in 3dmark06 i only get about 40-45 fps and my buddy with a lesser system(7900, 2gb of same ram, gigabit motherboard and vista) gets better than i do(around 100fps i think??)...i run crysis on medium and it lags at times. i thought for sure with this setup that i shouldn't get any lag ever. could someone please help me figure this thing out? i did have a problem with vista crashing but i replaced the RAM and it seems to have worked...but i still don't think either the CPU or v-card aren't pushing out the performance they should. i don't really know enough to figure it out though

basically, my comp just seems like something is either defective to a point or something isn't set up right, i had a guy go through and mess with vista and update some drivers and supposedly 'stress test' it with crysis, but he says he didn't have any problems...the memory dumps have disappeared(blue screen of death yay) but like i said it just doesn't seem up to par. if someone could please toss out some ideas, that'd be amazing

We need some more info here. What operating system are you running, what exact processor are you running, do you have the most up-to-date drivers from Nvidia?

If it's 2.33GHz on a 650i, I would imagine it would be something like the E6550 or the E4600. Are you running an antivirus program like Norton in the background, then close it down. Norton hogs quite a lot of resources and could slow down your PC quite a bit especially if you're on Vista. But I don't really think that's the reason your PC's running slower than it should TBH.

i had a dealing with cyberpower PC, and that your problem.

i bought my computer from a compony by them, so when i was reading reviews, everyone was complaining that Cyberpower PC is a crap compony that shoves parts into a case and ships them out

it's the 6550 i believe and vista home premium 64-bit. i'm running NOD32 for antivirus program but it's only using 50mb out of the 4gb of RAM. all my drivers should be the most up to date

well my blue screens are gone, but i still don't seem to be getting the best FPS...i don't lag in WoW, which is more memory intensive, but on average in city's i get about 40fps. Crysis, on medium run's ok, but i would think i could put some stuff on high. is there a way to test everything seperately? i'd like to check out my CPU, v-card, m-board and maybe even my dvd drive and HD

Back
Top Bottom