heatsink isnt very impressive...

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
i just bought the scythe ninja to replace my water cooling so i put it on but my temps get over 50 under load, i tried reseating it and made sure everything was locked on right but i still get these temps, shouldnt it be performing better then this? i have the fan on it and everything but these temps just seem really high to me after some of the reviews i read about it, anyone got any ideas as to what might be causing this?

i used AS5 with it :S, idle temps are ok, theyre around 34 it just doesnt seem to perform under load

EDIT: whats a TIM lol

thermal interface material. What kind of case do you have? do you have good airflow? Are there cables in the way? Those are probably why you have such a high deltaT.

i have an antec P180 with a fan in the front and 2 fans in the back, ive tried turning them up but it doesnt help

EDIT: im going to try putting my case on its side then that will eliminate the possibility that its not making good contact, i'll be back in 5

How long have you had it? I've had some people say it can take up to a week for the thermal paste to take effect.

ive had it a couple of days now, i now have the case on its side and it made no difference but i think i might no the problem, because i have a dfi ultra d motherboard the cpu socket is more in the middle rather then at the top so its only half in front of the exhaust fans, do u think that could be it?

p.s. the fan is blowing the right way

gaming_freak said:
ive had it a couple of days now, i now have the case on its side and it made no difference but i think i might no the problem, because i have a dfi ultra d motherboard the cpu socket is more in the middle rather then at the top so its only half in front of the exhaust fans, do u think that could be it?

p.s. the fan is blowing the right way
How many fans do you have? And are any of them exhaust?

Back
Top Bottom