Which Heatsink/Fan??

Worship ur first link doesn't work. and the thermalright looks pretty nice. but 1. its not copper (better heat dissipation) 2.it doesnt have a fan.

and the rating on the zalman are really really good. so if anybody can suggest a copper AM2 heatsink w/ fan then im probably gonna go with that zalman

You can easily attach a 120mm fan to the Thermalright. My first link was to the Tuniq Tower 120. I consider both these two coolers coupled with a 120mm fan to be better than the Zalman.

One, or two fans, even :)

I'd have to agree about the TU120e and the Tuniq Tower, they do perform better in all the reviews than the Zalmans, only by a couple of degrees mind you but a couple of degrees is important to enthusiasts, right? ;)

That said the Zalmans still perform more than adequately enough to deserve their reputation, over rated, not really, over hyped, most definitely.

EDIT:
are u sure though. cuz those are aluminum. copper is better at the heat conduction
Not sure about the Tuniq but the TU120e is not aluminium, it is nickel plated copper. I've got one sitting in front of me and it's definitely not aluminium

True Folder u have a zalman. i guess i'll get a thermalright ultra. but i dont see how i can put a fan on there

see
35-109-125-02.jpg

where would i screw it into?

AGREED! Zalmans are very overrated.
It always makes me laugh when I hear people say that they are "overrated". They get consistently high scores on hardware review sites and most everybody that owns one likes them. You don't get much better performance for the price. As I said earlier, I have them in two different gaming systems and have never seen temps above 45°-48°C during intense gaming.

I'm not saying the Tuniq Tower isn't a good choice. In fact, it one of the highest rated coolers on the market. I have read where it does have a bad socket AM2 attachment clip that doesn't hold in on very securely. That's something to consider as zKiLLA is putting it in an AM2 system.

yeah cuz i really really dont wanna blow 60+ dolllars on a heatsink that wont really hold on. thats y im asking u guys. and thats y i've been lookin at the zalman. everybody says its really great. im just wondering though will it work with AM2 cuz some of the reviews say it does and some say it doesn't

Pros: Full load temps dropped 10C after using stock cooling on my X2 5600.With cool & quiet idle temps of 28C.This really is an impressive looking heatsink and I like the green light.I didnt install the fan controller that came with it.Enabled Q-fan in bios and fan speed are from 1800-2300.quiet enough for me.

Cons: At first I wasnt sure I had installed the retainer clip properly but it is working great.

Other Thoughts: nice fit on my asus M2N32 SLI deluxe motherboard.Had to remove the ait guide from my cooler master Centurian case.After first fumbling with the clip it really did go on quite well.
dscf0708jm7.jpg

thats awesome. we almost have the same setup. and look at his temps. now the only thing i have to worry about is will it fit. in this beast of a case :D

im prbably gonna have to move that fan. i wanna put a window there

Back
Top Bottom