Heatsink on E6600?

Thelis

Golden Master
Hey guys,

For those of you with intel e6600 C2D', what is the stock heatsink like? Should I bother installing it, or just get another one from newegg? From what I hear the installation of it is really tough on the mobo, is that true?

Also, if I was to get another heatsink, what would you guys recommend?

Thanks.

well havent got the e6600 but did a build for the 6320 with stock heat sink and fan and it runs cool at 28'C .

yh i found the stock HS&F tough on the motherboard compared with all others ive done it seemed liek it didnt wonna fit.

and its not really that clear on what to do ? twist or push who knows lol

i think its push to lock and twist to unlock ?

Nah the stock heatsink is so easy to install its ridiculous. All you need to do is set it on top of the motherboard and push the pins down into the holes. Get a flathead screwdriver out and turn about a quarter turn to the right and you'll here it snap in. Its a decent fan kept mine at roughly 42-43C @ stock I was able to overclock mine to 3ghz with max temps around 58-59C then I decided to get a aftermarket cooler. Let me do a search a while back I made a review that tracks the results of stock vs aftermarket. I had bought a zalman 9700cnps. I'll post back with the link.

Mine was really easy to put on, you line it up then puch the 4 tabs thigns down and its on(it has a Heat pad on it so you don't put thermal paste on). It also keeps the processor at good temperatures and you can still overclock some with it, but not to extreme. If you are going to upgrade to a different heatsink I suggest the Tuniq Tower 120 with Arctic Silver 5. You just have to make sure you have enough room in your case because this thing is BIG!

Here's the part with the temps. If you want to see the full thread check it out here

Stock:
Measured on PCProbe2
CPU Idel: 40C-44C
Motherboard: 35C-36C

Running Prime95 2 instances
CPU Full load 100% 57C-61C

Bios: 47C (Bios is not idel speed roughly 60% of your CPU)

Zalman 9700CNPS LED:
Measured on PCProbe2
CPU IDel: 32C-34C (8-12C drop over stock cooler) Average temp drop 10C
Motherboard: 34C (1 degree drop)

Running Prime95 2 instances
CPU Full load 100% 47C-49C (10-14C Drop) Average temp drop 12C @full load

Bios 36C (11 degree drop)

yh but when i pushed it down i didnt know how much to push down as there is no click and when i screw it it releases it ?

Your probally turning it the wrong way. It should pop in then you turn it to the right I believe to tighten then to the left to release it. And Thelis the fan I have is this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118019

The only difference is mine is made entirely of copper while the one you listed only has a copper block. The fins are Aluminum. For reference copper is better than Aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom