Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-23-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro
Default Heat Problem With Cpu Processor

i have a heat problem with my cpu. i downloaded Speedfan to check the tempretures and speed of fans. it used to be at around 55 degrees celcius and around 3500 spinning speed.

Now, about a week later i hear my computer is much quieter. i open speed fan, the tempreture is at 77 degrees and the fan is only spinning at 2100. i need help how can i speed up my fan to make things better?

Post a reply if you know how.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:04 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Steff
Default Re: Heat Problem With Cpu Processor

have you applyed thearmal paste to the CPU?

Old 04-23-2007, 05:55 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

They could be false readings from the program, try checking in the BIOS to confirm that the temps etc are correct.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
In Runtime

yeah, i found a way which helped, after i ran the program i closed almost all of my processes (not the processor) and after about 30 minutes i can for a check up and it was spinning at 3500. then all of a sudden, it dropped to 2100 but it didn't sound different and it didn't look different (the metal blades where black) do i think its a problem with the program.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #5
In Runtime

also, in speed fan it has a total of 3 fans there but only 1 is being used. fan 1. so, i found another slot on my motherboard called SYS_FAN now this only has 3 metal lines and my CPU fan has 4 (to plug it in with) so i took out the CPU one and the computer sounded much quieter and the reading i got on fan 1 stopped.

i plugged it back into the SYS_FAN one that i found and it loaded up fan 2 as the same reading. now, on the program it says 3 fans. i have been looking on the motherboard (gigabyte) and i cannot find it. just looking now i found 1 called FAN1 on my graphics card (it didnt have a fan when i brought it) and there is no metal lines which i can plug it into. i think there is a error with this program.