HDMI Issues... Help! haha

mikeyakouba

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
so I got myself a Gigabyte HD5770 SOC, and its awesome and I love it. But when I try to hook up my HDMI cable from my card to my tv (which I use as my main monitor ) it looks like total crap. Ive tried everything and it still looks terrible, so right now im using DVI. My tv btw is a 32 inch LCD TV. Here is the link:

http://www.vizio.com/vx32lhdtv10a.html

ANy help to solving my issue would be amazing!

Basically the res is super low and whenever I chance it it still looks really bad. edges on everything are jagged and the screen looks fuzzy. but as soon as i plug in my DVI connection its all good.

Change the resolution as you would, and make sure the refresh rate is set correctly. I hate the Vizio monitors/TVs, I think they're crap when it comes to autodetection and setup of their resolution & refresh rates. So many other monitors can do it on their own just fine.

Just change it to the resolution of the TV.

Since you are using a TV, you will most likely have issues with overscan as well. Either there will be a black box arounh the picture or the edges will be cut off. To correct this, go into CCC, monitor properties or whatever they call it now, and there will be a box with your displays in it. Underneat it will be a picture of a monitor labeled as your tv. Right click it then the setting will be somewhere in there, probably under properties.

Sorry if my intsructions are too vague. ATI has this habit of changing everything on each driver release, and we are most likely using different releases.

Back
Top Bottom