HDMI connection problems from PC to Amp

jiffter1

Beta member
Hi,
I've built a fanless HTCP using a STREACOM FC8 EVO case, Gigabyte GA-H87N mini ITX LGA1150 motherboard, 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor and 8mb of memory running on Windows 8.1. The problem i have is with the hdmi connections.At the moment the only way i can connect via hdmi is from the PC directly to the tv routed through to the AV amp. I've gone into the sound application via control panel and it shows me two connections for optical cables available which i don't want to use and one hdmi connection for the tv which is what i'm having to use at the moment and there is no hdmi connection available to connect from PC to AV amp. I've gone to the Realteck site and downloaded the latest drivers which enabled me to connect to the amp via the tv hdmi connection. This to me sounds like a round about way of connecting to the amp instead of connecting directly to the amp via the PC. Sounds like i'm missing something but i've connected PC's to my amp in the past without any problems.
Any help would be very much appreciated as i've spent many hours trying to sort it out without much success.

Back
Top Bottom