HDMI Audio

kirkman

Baseband Member
I have my pc hooked to my tv threw hdmi and i have no asound, is that right, or should i have sound???

thanks Kirk

Most notebooks with HDMI outputs don't have sound. I'm not sure whether or not it's the same with desktop graphics cards.

If the video card has an HDMI output, it should also be capable of transmitting sound. Normally, you can enter the sound properties of the computer and select the video card's sound processor as the default device. What video card are you using?

It's either there or it isn't. We need to know the specific model number of your GPU.

on a laptop if it has hdmi it should be 100% capable of outputting sound, if you have realtek hd audio, then go to the settings and then go to digital output and click make this my default, then close the application that u need the sound from and open it again, and the sound should work fine

If the video card has an HDMI output, it should also be capable of transmitting sound. Normally, you can enter the sound properties of the computer and select the video card's sound processor as the default device. What video card are you using?

im using 8600gts as in my signature

Back
Top Bottom