Hdmi

4x4

Solid State Member
I apologise if this has been asked before but I need to ask if I fit an AMD Radeon 5450 which I found in my spares box to my Dell Optiplex 760 will I be able to use the HDMI out?
It would make life easier if I have the sound coming out of the TV.

Yes, you definitely can.

I believe the motherboard does not have HDMI really or you wouldn't ask this ;)

Make sure the output device has speakers. Most computer monitors don't. If you mean a regular TV like a smart TV, then it most likely has speakers. Of course you need to specify it in the computer as the audio output device. If you have a sound card it could be set to default. And increase volume so you can hear it ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4x4
Yes, you definitely can.

I believe the motherboard does not have HDMI really or you wouldn't ask this ;)

Make sure the output device has speakers. Most computer monitors don't. If you mean a regular TV like a smart TV, then it most likely has speakers. Of course you need to specify it in the computer as the audio output device. If you have a sound card it could be set to default. And increase volume so you can hear it ;)

Thanks.

Yes there is no HDMI out so I assume there is no motherboard HDMI.

The HDMI will go to the TV which has speakers and from the TV I have the choice of optical or stereo to my sound bar. This TV is dedicated to the PC.
Will I need to go in to BIOS. Amazingly when I got this PC the audio was unticked!!

No need to go to the BIOS even if the sound card was active. You can just switch from the sound card to the HDMI audio within Windows. Other OS's probably can do that too. But if you don't want the sound card to ever interfere, you can disable it from the BIOS. I believe it's a built-in sound card. Sometimes the OS does switch the sound output in its own. Not a real problem, tho. If it's an add on sound card, you can remove it if you want.

Also make sure there's space in the case. Those factory built computers are annoying at times. I believe this video card does not require a power cable from the PSU. If does not, you're safe. Otherwise make sure the PSU can handle it.

You can just switch from the sound card to the HDMI audio within Windows. Other OS's probably can do that too. But if you don't want the sound card to ever interfere, you can disable it from the BIOS. I believe it's a built-in sound card. Sometimes the OS does switch the sound output in its own. Not a real problem, tho. If it's an add on sound card, you can remove it if you want.

Also make sure there's space in the case. Those factory built computers are annoying at times. I believe this video card does not require a power cable from the PSU. If does not, you're safe. Otherwise make sure the PSU can handle it.

Looks like no power supply is needed though I cannot remember what went on in the 750 that it came from - it is a few years ago, just plugs in to a PCI slot at the back and as it is a tower there is room for horse and cart.
I think the motherboard's sound card is inbuilt but we are getting to where I am out of my depth.:eek:

Those factory built PC's show wonders sometime. But I guess a small video card like this will fit no problem.

If the BIOS shows sound options, then it's built in. Unless there is another add-on sound card, that is. But anyway, it's not a problem.

Seems like you're good to go.

Those factory built PC's show wonders sometime. But I guess a small video card like this will fit no problem.

If the BIOS shows sound options, then it's built in. Unless there is another add-on sound card, that is. But anyway, it's not a problem.

Seems like you're good to go.
I like the 700 series. I have also a 755 that put in a much much better graphics card and it only just about fitted; it needed more power so had to fit a better power unit. I like this 760 so much I am using it all the time and only got it a few days ago. Fitting an HDMI is the last job for this one.

Many complained about upgrading the proprietary PSU (therefore high-end video cards) and adding more storage devices.

Otherwise they are great and have the best compatibility. Good to know you're comfortable with them.

Reactions: 4x4
Back
Top Bottom