HDD question Serial ATA150 or SCSI (gaming wise)

Redonmyhead

Baseband Member
I'm no expert but just curious. Looking at HDDs for my new custom built gaming desktop. basically looking at 10k vs 15k. looks like 15k are scuzzys (SCSI). I know they're more expensive and they need a controller if your motherboard doesn't support SCSI. Will having 15k dramactically affect my crysis performance? Or will I be fine having two 10k raptors in raid 0? Cost isn't really an issue. Just curious if it's a big leap in performance wise for crysis and for future games having 15k? I know having 15k, there's less seek time, less latency, and less write time. I know SAS is more for servers but like I said, I'm not an computer hardware or software expert by no means. What do you think? greatly appreciate any comment

SCSI are for servers, game load times wouldnt be very good compared to a raptor which were designed for gaming. just get the raptors, there less of a headache.

SCSI are for servers, game load times wouldnt be very good compared to a raptor which were designed for gaming. just get the raptors, there less of a headache.

15K drives will be much faster than 10K drives. If your really rich, sure buy 15K drives, and send me one too :D

raptors where also designed for use in servers and enterprise environments as well

if you have the money then obviously 15K drives are going to be the better option as they are faster and 1 15K drive is more reliable than 2 10K raptors in raid

raptors where also designed for use in servers and enterprise environments as well

if you have the money then obviously 15K drives are going to be the better option as they are faster and 1 15K drive is more reliable than 2 10K raptors in raid

having to go through the SCSI interface card instead of straight through the mothboard slows it down, i saw a comparision of SCSI drives to raptors(raptors were slightly better\even), but they might have been 10k and not 15k

Back
Top Bottom