Hdd Password!!!

Did you guys not read that this is a laptop? There probably are no reset pins for the BIOS, and the battery is probably nearly impossible to get to. In any case, this problem is intriguing.

I think what's going on is the drive is bad, and you're interpreting it as a password. What is the exact error message you are getting? If it's something like "disk read error - make sure the disk is not password-protected", then you probably have a bad hard drive - or it's not installed or formatted properly.

Well, I only want such a small size because it is a 1995 laptop, and the bios wont handle anything else. What I did to detect that there was a password was put it in a newer dell, which before the logo even appeared, it asked for a password for the HDD. I KNOW IT IS A HDD PASSWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is possible for the hd to be corrupt. When I put it back into my toshiba, it sits there then it says "No System Disk. Please Insert Disk And Hit Any Key" So I instert a win 95 or 98 floppy boot disk. I type fdisk, format C:, and all can not detect the Hd. I tried another one from a newer style laptop (about 1 year older) which is 1.4 gb and it worked fine. Instal the os on it and tried it on mine and It gave me am HD I/O Error. Put it back in the other one and it loaded windows 98 fine.

There should be a bios battery under the keyboard, Throw the laptop accross the floow, worked for me once..lol

Back
Top Bottom