Hdd Mirror :D

Hm, Now that I think about it, if it is something that you have to open with that specific program, then I can connect this laptop and my desktop via cross over cable, transfer the file, install the program on my desktop, change my hdds in my laptop, then run the .tib file over the network? Wonder if that would work...

As for the drive image with that program, I don't know. I use an older version of Norton Ghost I was given. It works with NTFS drives, so I don't care that it's old... I transfer straight from 1 HDD to the other. You may have to get an external enclosure to do an image... I don't deal with too many laptops, if I did it would probably be about 20x easier to just reinstall Windows...

As for the login screen: Control Panel>User Accounts>Change the way users log on and off>select use welcome screen and use fast user switching.

Oh yeah, I tried that. The boxes were grayed out though.. I didn't realy the error box because it was the least of my worries at that moment.

Now I read it, I have to uninstall client services for NetWare..? If I am correct that's something to do with the local connection? I remember messing with it on my desktop a long time ago and seeing that'/ I'll try it now.

Yeah, it was on the NIC attached to the mobo. I'm currently uninstalling it - thanks for bringing it back up!

And about the OS; As I said, I got this old toppy handed down to me.. don't have XP :D I hope it works lol

Back
Top Bottom