HD recovery

Yeah, I've reseated the graphics card and checked the power on that. I've taken it out as well and tried with my onboard graphics. Still no luck. It's not my monitor, because I've tried it on others. Someone suggested taking eerything out of the case and putting it on a table, then starting it up. Something about the motherboard grounding through the case. Is that worth trying? I'll double-check the power supply to the motherboard, but it was working fine before and now it doesn't.

OK guys.... i fixed it. It was the power to the mobo. It had seemed fine when i tried it, but i put a bit of muscle into it and pused it in further, works like a charm now. THanks for all your help. I'll def be using this board in the future. I still haven't fixed my HD problem though. I'm going to see if it'll load on another comp and then just send the files via LAN.

EDIT: Other computers won't recognise it's filing system. This is the problem with microsoft. When I try to reinstall windows on it, it doesn't give me the option of a dirty install.

EDIT: Oh joy! I gave up and formatted, BUT! There is a program called file scavenger which went through and recovered EVERYTHING! I may still have a problem connecting the HD to my original computer. SOmthing about Asus mobos not coping with two. Cheers guys.

Back
Top Bottom