Hd PROBLEM

ExGamer

In Runtime
Ok my harddrive moves.. i dont think it will boot up...up it click and klunks and beeps...I bet its dead lol?(sry havent had to meny HD problems) uhhh all those files and if i call maxtor will they want the broken one? sry i sound stupid but i have private information such as password N ECT. ty

if you think that it is in warranty then you will have to send it back to where you bought it from..I doubt if you got it from maxtor. You might try to use their utillity disk and see if it can be repaired enough to retrieve your files. But when they start making noises it is time to get another one and get everything backed up.
Seriuosly, the geeks at maxtor or anywhere else could care less about what you have on there. They don't have time to mess with that garbage and it would ruin them as a business if it ever got out , so I am sure they protect you so as to protect themselves. It is the punks that rummage thru garbage cans that you have to look 0out for....not legitimate businesses.

wtf? it moves? like... moves around in the case? Also those beeping and clunking might be it booting up. Although I really doubt this unless you don't have any concept of what a boot sounds like.

Is there any way you can try and set it up as a slave with another drive?
oh and plus, check cables going from the motherboard to the hard drive

Hope this helps

You can't exactly transfer files though if you can't even set it up as a slave, so better check if you can do that first :p

When I said check the cables by the way, I meant to check they are in right, and that they are in the right way, and aren't twisted or something

Hope this helps

here's what I would do, take the old drive out, set the jumper to slave (it should be written on the drive somewhere what the jumper setting is for slave), then install it in a different computer and see if you can access it at all. if you can see the files or at least find anything you want to keep just copy it to a folder on the computer you are using.

Back
Top Bottom