hd noise

convergecult

In Runtime
ok so the last day or so my main hd has been loading really loudly and it is getting annoying..is this a sign of it going out?

yes, back it up ASAP to be safe, it may not be, but just to be safe, back that sucker up...

OMG, that sounds bad. How long have you had your hard drive for? Are you sure it's coming from the HD and not the fans or anything else? Yeah, back up your valuable date just in case.

i am pretty sure that is where it is coming from. there no wires close to my fans that i am aware of and it sounds like th hd is loading..so

Yea, sounds like your drive is dying. Backing up your important files would be a good idea. A good way to test it is to go to the drive manufacturer's website and download their diagnostic utility. If it's still under warranty, you could get a replacement through RMA. :D

Unplug the fans and fire up the system. Leave the cpu fan running. Listen for the noise. Run some drive intensive operations. You hear it then assume it's going belly up. Don't do this for long. It's going to warm up in the case pretty quickly.

going off of what setishock said: After the fans have been unpluged and you boot up, do a defrag. generally thats intensive enough to make things in the hard drive work their hardest, and it won't put too much strain on the rest of teh system while your cooling is down.

Back
Top Bottom