is the HD 2900xtx ever going to come out? and if so is this it?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I have been waiting for the x2900xtx to come out for some while now. i couldnt see the point in buying a directx10 card when there arent any games to run it on and vista was still getting its legs on the ground. i was looking through overclockers today i saw that ati has there mid range cards out now. i then saw this and thought that it must be the x2900xtx as i has 1G of GDDR4 ram:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-062-OK&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=922

the only other card i have been able to find is a saphire one:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...I+Radeon+HD+2900XT+1GB+PCI-E+?productId=27735

they both say HD 2900xt so is this the HD 2900XTX or what?

also the only review i could find said that the 8800GTX beat the 2900XTX so my wait has been pointless. i cant find the review again to post it up, i think it was from dailytech or something. anyway is the HD2900xtx going to be worth it or should i get a 8800GTX? or will nVidia release a 8900 series before crysis and BIA hells highway games are released? i have a 24" HD monitor so i will be playing my games at 1920x1200 will all the trimmings enabled so im gonig to need a hefty card to do it all

Well, the 2900XTX isn't out yet, so we can't tell. Any benchmarks are with prerelease drivers. Not sure about that card, maybe it's just a different version of the 2900XT.

Personally, I'm going to wait for the 8900GTX to be released. It's supposed to be a souped up version of the 8800GTX, and with a 80nm core. The smaller core means better overclocking, and I plan to push it as far as I can - hopefully I'll have a watercooled setup. Anyway, the 8900GTX is supposed to only be $550 at launch, which isn't bad at all.

They're also supposed to come out with an 8900GT, 8900GS, and a 8950GX2 (dual GPU):
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37655

The problem is, nVidia will only release the 8900 series when ATI puts out something better than the 8800 series. Simple marketing strategy. Hopefully though, the 2900XTX will do this.

The 8950 with two GPUs along with SLI looks sick, but eventually, will be bottlenecked.

The marketing strategy is ALWAYS the way to earn cash.

i dont think it will be boddel necked at all
as long as you have a core2quad or a very fast core2duo
with 2-4g of ram your should be fine

Yeah...I'd rather get the 8900GTX though, it most likely has more overclocking potential.

The reason they won't release the 8900 series is because what's the point when the 8800 series is already owning ATI? They only need release something more powerful when it actually has competition.

esa, the E6600 at stock speeds bottlenecks the 8800GTX.

Yeah...I'd rather get the 8900GTX though, it most likely has more overclocking potential.

The reason they won't release the 8900 series is because what's the point when the 8800 series is already owning ATI? They only need release something more powerful when it actually has competition.

esa, the E6600 at stock speeds bottlenecks the 8800GTX.

are u serious? then u are going to have to oc 8800gtx to reduce bottleneck?

What?!?! 8900 Nvidia chipsets are out now? Man, I've been gone for a long time. But aren't the x2900xtx already out now? The scheduled release are suppose to be in March or April.

are u serious? then u are going to have to oc 8800gtx to reduce bottleneck?
You would have to overclock the E6600 to reduce the bottleneck.
What?!?! 8900 Nvidia chipsets are out now? Man, I've been gone for a long time. But aren't the x2900xtx already out now? The scheduled release are suppose to be in March or April.
No, neither of them are out yet. I don't think they're too far away though.

i dont think it will be boddel necked at all
as long as you have a core2quad or a very fast core2duo
with 2-4g of ram your should be fine

The Core 2 Duo will eventually bottleneck the SLI configs of the SLIed GX2 if it's like a E4300-6400. The 6600 will be fine, but a Core Extreme will be safer...even though the price is there...but if you can afford a Core 2 Extreme, you can aford two GX2s.

a QX6800 already bottlenecks 8800Ultras in SLi. Even if the quad is at 4.0+. The fact is, video cards are so much furthur than processors. They have more advanced in everyway possible. Imagine if your processor had 80 different simple processors in it...wouldn't that be a lot better than one beefy quad core? For people looking at the 1GB 2900XTs, don't get it. Get the 512MB GDDR3 ones instead. The latencies are tighter on the 512mb ones which will yield better performance, unless you overclock the 1GB ones extremely high.

Back
Top Bottom