Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Having Problems with my Display

Hello, I've been having a problem with my display and I can't figure out what is wrong. At least once or twice a day while I'm working I get a grey selection box that is frozen on my screen and won't go away until I log off or restart. It happens when I right click the mouse on something and pull up a selection window with different choices of what to do. As I run the mouse over the selections, the selection that the mouse is over turns grey. Sometimes when I pick one, the grey box doesn't go away when the window closes. It remains on my screen semi-transparent and its hard to see what is behind it. Not a real major problem but can be very annoing sometimes depending on where this is at. It's a pain to have to save all of your work and shut everything down and restart. I am using dual monitors with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300 graphics card. The monitors are Dell P992 and a Dell 2001FP. I would really appreciate it if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Having Problems with my Display

I got similar effects when I overclocked my card too much. But since that is a computer used for work I doubt that u have oc'd it. But if u have try decreasing the clock frequencies a little bit.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
Beta Member

How do you decrease the clock frequencies? I've heard a lot about this, but don't really know what it means.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Jeremy_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

since u have a nvidia card u must download coolbits or something similar. Coolbits is a very simple tool used to change clock frequencies. U can find it from google.

Then just go to the clock frequency settings tab, choose manual overclocking and then change the frequencies. I doubt that this will help since u haven't oc'd and it's very rare for a card to be already oc'd when u buy it.