Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default having problems with my computer

Hay wuts up yall. This is my first post, an I'm new an everything. But ontopic= Theres a problem with my new an faster computer. About a week ago I was on the internet, an all of a sudden my computer froze. So I turned it off an thenI turned it back on. The computer was working but the moniter just stayed blank. Then I tryed it again, an it did the samething. So I just turned it off an left it for a while. Then about 2 hours later I tried it again. It was botting up when this message came up, it said" WARNING!! Your CPU has been changed." An it said something else under it about that warning but before I could read it, the moniter just went blank again. No I did'nt have any virus's I already scanned it before it did that. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Or give me any tips to try to fix it? I'm using my other computer right now {which is alot slower }

snow... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: having problems with my computer

u didnt try to overclock it or anything? Maybe something overheated?

Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Solid State Member

See I'm a N00b to computers, I've only been working with'em for about 8 months. So I dont know alot about that.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
XEN
In Runtime

Welcome to CF! Can you get into BIOS?
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 |Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP | 2x512 Crucial XMS2 5400 PRO | XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX Edition | 250 GB SATA Seagate 7200.10 | DVD RW | CD RW | SB Live! card | Thermaltake Soprano case
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

to get into bios, you normally press del key LOADSANDLOADSANDLOADS at startup. .
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow...
Hay wuts up yall. This is my first post, an I'm new an everything. But ontopic= Theres a problem with my new an faster computer. About a week ago I was on the internet, an all of a sudden my computer froze. So I turned it off an thenI turned it back on. The computer was working but the moniter just stayed blank. Then I tryed it again, an it did the samething. So I just turned it off an left it for a while. Then about 2 hours later I tried it again. It was botting up when this message came up, it said" WARNING!! Your CPU has been changed." An it said something else under it about that warning but before I could read it, the moniter just went blank again. No I did'nt have any virus's I already scanned it before it did that. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Or give me any tips to try to fix it? I'm using my other computer right now {which is alot slower }
Welcome to ComputerForums Man
Is this a brand name computer or a custom built computer? To me sounds like a store bought computer since you said you are a noob, not that it's a bad thing Well as another member said, if you can access your BIOS, usually accessable when your computer first powers on and you will see some things either in the top or bottom corners says like press F12 to enter setup or press F1 to enter boot config. It doesn't have to say or be those exact buttons, but most likely this can be fixed via the BIOS. Sounds like you may need a Bios update, this will just help the bios recognize everything better and hopefully clear up the problems. First we need to know what brand of computer it is or if you built this computer youself and perferably the model and make of your motherboard. After you find that out and you let us know about this, we will further be able to help you resolve your problem.

Hope we can help you fix this problem and be up and posting here again alot

AMD RULES
AMD RULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
Solid State Member

Yea, I'm fixing to go see what kind of computer it is. I got 2 computers, the one I'm using is just slower, also I have some very important files stored on the other computer.

EDIT~ Yea I just found out it is home build.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #8
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Lowl, this kinnda funny that AMD RULES has got an Intel avatar
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
In Runtime

well I do like AMD better than Intel, but I kinda like the Intel Core2 Duo. If I had some extra cash, I would certainly build a new rig with it.
I just knew someone was gonna say something about that
NP tho, Its ok man
AMD RULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #10
Solid State Member

MY COMPUTER IS FIXED!!!!! THnkas for everypne who helped.All it had was a burned wire. I dont know how that happened though.