Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-19-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
Beta Member
Angry Having Problems with Freezing

hey Guys and Gals,

Ok I have been having problems for a long time now and I am getting really frustrated. I am turning to the forums because to be honest these forums are way more useful than calling up Asus or Nvidia and waiting a hour to talk to someone who just wants me off the phone so they can smoke outside.....Anyway...

My problem is freezing. It isn't a freezing that occurs at specific points it just a random thing. Now I have noticed that it happens only during games or when I am loading a web page maybe. Before it slowed down alot to where the refresh rate was like really slow or something. I have to tried to play a couple games and it freezing at all kinds a points. Sometimes it will happen early, sometimes later in.

Now before you start yelling MEMORY MEMORY. Yeah I know that is first thing that came to my mind too. I did a Memtest86 though. I even did up to 35 Passes....Not a SINGLE error. It didnt' find anything wrong with my memory.

Now I have also replaced the power supply because I had some things I needed to fix that involved it so the power supply is also not the problem.

My only other thoughts would be maybe the video card but I have the latest drivers and I have a NVidia Geforce 6800 GT and I REALLY REALLY hope it isn't eh 500 dollar video card I will never be able to buy again. unless there is a way to fix it you may think of. I also think it might be the motherboard but I hope not too cuz I don't wanna send it to California.

ANY ideas or bits of info or even sketches on a napkin will help....

Please help me,

the human computer virus

Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
Beta Member
Default lil extra info

Oh yeah I prolly should also mention guys is that when it freezes it doesn't just freeze the game, the entire computer freezes. Like I can't move the mouse either the hole things freezes up.

Old 12-19-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
Default Re: Having Problems with Freezing

have u installed anything /hardware+items on pc like software, write your pc specs may have a idea what would be causeing this.
IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:39 PM   #4
Beta Member
Default reply

ok well the thing is that I have recently reformatted and put new drivers in fromt he nvidia website and I think there might be a problem there cuz I was gonna play a game and the configuration said that I was missing a Non power of two render target support?? any idea what that is?