Having Internet Problems...

Bosox0123

Baseband Member
A friend of mine gave me a computer of hers to use for awhile and she was using wireless internet on the PC, and so when I go to plug my ethernet cable in nothing happens.

Can someone help me?

You need to unplug them plug back in the router and modem, everytime u connect a new device you need to do that.

No you dont..

Maybe, the ethernet port is not enabled. When I have my wireless connected, the onboard LAN port does not get used, and visa-versa. Do you have software on your computer, or is it the standard Windows stuff? Also, which OS are you using?

joxley1990 said:
No you dont..

Maybe, the ethernet port is not enabled. When I have my wireless connected, the onboard LAN port does not get used, and visa-versa. Do you have software on your computer, or is it the standard Windows stuff? Also, which OS are you using?

Well with my Router and my D-link Gamefuel dgl-4300 you have to....and from my cable provider i am told i have to unplug my modem then plug it back in everytime a new device is there...

Your router, modem and ISP sucks then, lol, you should not have to do that with any router..what about schools and places like that..do you think they are going to switch off everything, and reset everything, everytime they plug a new device in?

Besides, if it was that, he would get the "Limited or no connectivity" message..

theres no software for it...its just straight up windows with no software other then what comes with windows and the unplugging thing didnt work.

You probably need to set up your internet connection to use the ethernet as the default connection. IE and Mozilla automatically detect settings and it usually only works on the default. Try the internet connection wizard.

Back
Top Bottom