Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #41
Baseband Member

Default Re: Having Extreamly low FPS with 9800gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Haha no. I've never seen any browser use anything like that unless it was trying to display pi to 1,000,000,000 places or something.

Was the game open?

Your furmark score?
yes the game was open please reread the last post.I edited it if you didn't see it.Im trying to figure out furmark right now

heres the link to my score if it's done correctly

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fu...ee1ec6ec86c197

1280-1024
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fu...340ab29d3ade3f

whats better? for the score to be higher or lower?

odom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #42
Golden Master

Higher is better,

Stock Clock,

Overclocked,
1200 Memory / 700 Core

Old 07-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #43
Baseband Member

[QUOTE=sniperviper21;1046679]Higher is better,

what are you trying to say?
Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #44
Daemon Poster

[QUOTE=odom41;1046957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
Higher is better,

what are you trying to say?
Higher scores are better.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #45
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Haha no. I've never seen any browser use anything like that unless it was trying to display pi to 1,000,000,000 places or something.

Was the game open?

Your furmark score?
r u alive?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #46
Baseband Member

bump
Old 07-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #47
Guru

Foothead left on a trip. Give me a few moments to read the entire thread and get up to date. I'll provide help ASAP.

edit: I've read the thread. While I'm not familiar with Furmark, I can guarantee you that your CPU has at least a little to do with the problem. I'm not saying the hardware is at fault. While I was reading the thread, one tiny detail caught my eye on your screenshot of the Windows Task Manager. You're running 93 processes! 93! Now, for me, that's excessive. I'm running 45 and that's because there's 4 instances of Google Chrome + the task manager itself. Did you ever get rid of the crapware that comes with HP? That might help.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #48
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Foothead left on a trip. Give me a few moments to read the entire thread and get up to date. I'll provide help ASAP.

edit: I've read the thread. While I'm not familiar with Furmark, I can guarantee you that your CPU has at least a little to do with the problem. I'm not saying the hardware is at fault. While I was reading the thread, one tiny detail caught my eye on your screenshot of the Windows Task Manager. You're running 93 processes! 93! Now, for me, that's excessive. I'm running 45 and that's because there's 4 instances of Google Chrome + the task manager itself. Did you ever get rid of the crapware that comes with HP? That might help.
i've never gotten rid of that stuff.Could u list some of the stuff i should get rid of that comes with hp?I still currently have 96 processes open haha.One more thing since this is a prebuilt from HP i can't overclock?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #49
Guru

That's right. Computer manufacturers such as Dell and HP have motherboards with locked BIOS. This restricts your ability to specify values to fields regarding Bus Speed, Multiplier, and VCore.

I can't list exactly what you'll have to uninstall because I don't know exactly the names of crapware that HP loads into their machines. If you feel comfortable, you can take screenshots (and it will take a few) of programs you have installed. The best way to do this is to go to Control Panel, then click on uninstall programs. Maximize that screen and take a screenshot. Then scroll down and take screens shots of programs not shown before, and so forth. If you don't want to do that, then you're more or less left on your own. You'll want to leave programs that you use, drivers, windows updates, and key windows features (such as C++ and the .NET Framework). Everything else you can essentially get rid of. HP likes to put in a lot of programs titled "HP __________". They also like to put crappy anti-virus programs. I suggest you uninstall all of those, then download AVG Free 9.0.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 AM   #50
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
That's right. Computer manufacturers such as Dell and HP have motherboards with locked BIOS. This restricts your ability to specify values to fields regarding Bus Speed, Multiplier, and VCore.

I can't list exactly what you'll have to uninstall because I don't know exactly the names of crapware that HP loads into their machines. If you feel comfortable, you can take screenshots (and it will take a few) of programs you have installed. The best way to do this is to go to Control Panel, then click on uninstall programs. Maximize that screen and take a screenshot. Then scroll down and take screens shots of programs not shown before, and so forth. If you don't want to do that, then you're more or less left on your own. You'll want to leave programs that you use, drivers, windows updates, and key windows features (such as C++ and the .NET Framework). Everything else you can essentially get rid of. HP likes to put in a lot of programs titled "HP __________". They also like to put crappy anti-virus programs. I suggest you uninstall all of those, then download AVG Free 9.0.
would a screenshot of the process help?