Having Extreamly low FPS with 9800gt

You're right, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Edit: Removed link, it's for Phenom II's, not I's.

Odom41, are you using any addons with your game? I used run loads of addons with WoW and eventually my fps was getting worse and worse, particularly in raids ;P.

Also, apparently with this game and many others for that matter, shadow detail can be quite buggy so try turning any shadow settings down. I did that with ETW and it massivley helped.

if it is single threaded then he'd be better off with a faster P4 cuz the original phenoms weren't the greatest
Im not looking to upgrading my CPU so the best i have to work with is what i have excluding buying a new CPU cooler for OCing.

The only way that you'll be able to overclock with your computer is using software. I'd try going as far as your can go without buying a cpu fan/heatsink

Odom41, are you using any addons with your game? I used run loads of addons with WoW and eventually my fps was getting worse and worse, particularly in raids ;P.

Also, apparently with this game and many others for that matter, shadow detail can be quite buggy so try turning any shadow settings down. I did that with ETW and it massivley helped.
I have about 7 addons but then again im not only having bad FPS with just this game.I have bad fps with Cod4 when i used to play.I dont remember if i had god or bad FPS in ETW

The only way that you'll be able to overclock with your computer is using software. I'd try going as far as your can go without buying a cpu fan/heatsink
Can you recommend any software for Ocing?

I have about 7 addons but then again im not only having bad FPS with just this game.I have bad fps with Cod4 when i used to play.I dont remember if i had god or bad FPS in ETW

Can you recommend any software for Ocing?

Can you post what your shader/memory core speeds are? You should be able to view them in the Nvidia control panel.

The best way to overclock is through your BIOS, I personally would not trust software.

Can you post what your shader/memory core speeds are? You should be able to view them in the Nvidia control panel.

The best way to overclock is through your BIOS, I personally would not trust software.

If this is for my GPU
Shader-1500mhz
Memory-900mhz

You still haven't ansmered my question about the CPU load in game...

This will tell us where the problem lies.

And the phenom would be faster than a P4 clock for clock in single threaded applications. Here is how I figure: Phenom x4 performance is pretty much the same as athlon II x4 performance, clock for clock. sempron 140 = single core athlon II @2.7 GHz. The Sempron can beat even the fastest of P4s fairly easily. Therefore, the Phenom x4 @1.8GHz should be faster than a 2 GHz P4. By my reckoning, it should be about the same as a 2.4 - 2.6 GHz one in gaming.

If my parents' 3GHz P4 system can max Bioshock, I say this one should be able to play this game no problem, unless there is something weird going on in the background.

You still haven't ansmered my question about the CPU load in game...

This will tell us where the problem lies.

And the phenom would be faster than a P4 clock for clock in single threaded applications. Here is how I figure: Phenom x4 performance is pretty much the same as athlon II x4 performance, clock for clock. sempron 140 = single core athlon II @2.7 GHz. The Sempron can beat even the fastest of P4s fairly easily. Therefore, the Phenom x4 @1.8GHz should be faster than a 2 GHz P4. By my reckoning, it should be about the same as a 2.4 - 2.6 GHz one in gaming.

If my parents' 3GHz P4 system can max Bioshock, I say this one should be able to play this game no problem, unless there is something weird going on in the background.
Which core am i spost to look at?

His won't let him OC through the bios cuz it's a prebuilt(hp or Dell or something like that)

Back
Top Bottom