Having Extreamly low FPS with 9800gt

Not very much. Processes can have funky names, and they don't necessarily have a description that will link me with the program name. Just go to the "Uninstall Program" feature under "Control Panel" and use your good judgement.

Not very much. Processes can have funky names, and they don't necessarily have a description that will link me with the program name. Just go to the "Uninstall Program" feature under "Control Panel" and use your good judgement.
i've uninstalled more than 10 programs and im still at 90 processes.

i've uninstalled more than 10 programs and im still at 90 processes.
Run msconfig.exe and clean out anything unneeded in your startup and services. iTunes, Quicktime, etc. come to mind.

just do a fresh install of windows and be done with it?
That may not be the problem though. Has anyone actually played this game? Maybe it just has really high requirements/isn't optimized? *shrugs*
Also, finding drivers for boxed computers can be a pain, especially if you installed an OS that it didn't originally come with.

Run msconfig.exe and clean out anything unneeded in your startup and services. iTunes, Quicktime, etc. come to mind.

That may not be the problem though. Has anyone actually played this game? Maybe it just has really high requirements/isn't optimized? *shrugs*
Also, finding drivers for boxed computers can be a pain, especially if you installed an OS that it didn't originally come with.

alright i just needed to restart and now i have around 70 processes.There not open on my end but the systems end.

i would think your psu isn't anywhere near big enough for a 9800. what do you score in windows experience ?

A quality 500W PSU should have no problem running a 9800GT. Nevertheless, it is a possibility. You could download 3DMark05 and run the benchmark. I can compare the results of that with other 9800GT results and tell you whether the graphics card is at fault.

alright i just needed to restart and now i have around 70 processes.There not open on my end but the systems end.

Well, that's certainly on the right track. I have 68 running right now (steam, xfire, sidebar, firefox, etc), so that should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom