have you tried receiving a faulty hardware before?

as the title says. have you tried receiving faulty hardware before?
usually when something is wrong it's not hardware failure, specially when you have first gotten it.

I just got a new PSU for my birthday. for the first time i actually think that i have gotten a faulty piece of hardware.
It spins up randomly and it makes a click noise when i shut it down.
it spins up loudly ruffly every 5-8 minutes and then slows down again. (even when on idle)
the first thing i though was bios settings. so a reset everything to default. (so it's not even overclocked right now)
still it does the same thing. i found a great deal of guys on the internet that have similar problems.
one stated that he fixed it by disabling C1E support in the bios. unfortunately that didn't work for me.
i think i have just gotten a bad PSU. i am going to call the company where my mom bought it to hear what we can do about it.

I'm not sure if I understand your post based on the subject. Do you mean receiving faulty hardware as in faulty hardware becoming yours? Or, do you mean reviving? as in making faulty hardware no longer faulty? The context of your post suggests reviving.

I don't mean to pick on you, I just want to make sure we're on the same page. I notice you're from Denmark which suggests to me that you might not be a native English speaker. I must say, that being the case, you are better spoken than a great many native English speakers.

Back to the topic. Yes I have. I have found that when a fan starts making noise in a PSU, I just spend $10-20 replacing the fan rather than upwards of $80 replacing the PSU.

I don't mean to pick on you, I just want to make sure we're on the same page. I notice you're from Denmark which suggests to me that you might not be a native English speaker. I must say, that being the case, you are better spoken than a great many native English speakers.

Well thank you. means a lot ^^
yeah, i very rarely speak English. i use it more for understanding, reading and typing.
hvc801 also said that the title didn't make 100% sense.
in Danish the title would be ("Har du prøvet at modtage et defekt hardware før?") and that makes total sense and can not be understood in more ways then 1 and it's almost a complete translation word by word, other then "at modtage" = receiving. So i think that's where it went wrong. ^^

good thing to save some money by repairing it yourself. good job ^^
but the tread really was about if you have ever bought yourself a hardware brand new that turned out to be faulty.
i was curious to see if it's something that happens from time to time. i have never before this PSU had any issues with hardware that i have just bought.

Yes, it happens every now and again. I have ordered tons of hardware and gotten my fair share of faulty components.

Back
Top Bottom