have new pc case... installed components, have power, cant get to windows

funkybadshirtguy

Beta member
hi, hope the title says it all.

anyway, ive just gotten a NZXT Adamas case and put everything from my old case into it.

everything seated properly. front panel header, usb etc all done correctly!!

so, i turn pc on. fans work and well thats it! i hear (i think i hear) the hard drive get power but no activity from it.

i messed around for a while but got fed up. i thought perhaps i have damaged something and tried using only essential to boot up, no joy.

ive taken everything out of the new case and put it back in old case and it powered up first time np's. i know all the stuff works or else i wouldnt be here posting this lol.

im at a loss. any advice?

hi, hope the title says it all.

anyway, ive just gotten a NZXT Adamas case and put everything from my old case into it.

everything seated properly. front panel header, usb etc all done correctly!!

so, i turn pc on. fans work and well thats it! i hear (i think i hear) the hard drive get power but no activity from it.

i messed around for a while but got fed up. i thought perhaps i have damaged something and tried using only essential to boot up, no joy.

ive taken everything out of the new case and put it back in old case and it powered up first time np's. i know all the stuff works or else i wouldnt be here posting this lol.

im at a loss. any advice?

You tried resetting the ram

I would double check all the standoffs in the new case to make sure they are arranged in the same way as the standoffs in the old case. It kinda sounds like you have a short somewhere underneath the motherboard.

yeah i tried that.... the only thing i didnt do was mess with my cpu ( take HSF off and check CPU) but i guess thats ok as im using it to post here.

hate stuff like this as no doubt its an easy solution , putting the pc together is so simple i cant see whats wrong :(

gonna go to bed and go through it all again tomorrow morning.

ty cboucher and shadydawg for your suggestions, i will do as u say.

Back
Top Bottom