have I got a virus?

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
Hi,
My computer has recently been really screwed up, a few weeks ago my laptop started to turn off for no apparent reason, it just turns right off, no "windows is shutting down" messages, the screen just goes off and i have to turn it back on again. It only normally happens when my laptop is running on batteries, (it could be an intelligent virus that wants to make you think your battery is screwed up. My computer is also running really slowly and randomly spurts out rude messages that I would rather not repeat here, which could lead to some embarassing moments. Is it a virus, it could be a virus that randomly turns off my laptop that im most concerned about, if it is the battery, how much would a new one cost. Im gonna wipe my hard drive and re-install windows anyway, my hard drive is almost full and its all crap.

anyway
thanks in advance

a virus cannot infect your battery...only the drivers/software that control when the battery is being used and when it tells you if its running low. have you actually ran an anti-virus scan, spyware-scan, disk check, etc..? if the turning off has nothing to do with these 'messages', maybe the terminals on the batteries are abit loose/dirty or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom