Have I got a dead motherboard?!

99tollap

In Runtime
So Ive just built my first ever computer. Everything went very well, nice clean build.

I switched it on and it worked first time- the bios screen loaded up. Unfortunately, I progressed no further. No matter which USB socket I plugged my keyboard into, it would not work. The same applied for my mouse (and my friends mouse). No sign of life. The screen also hung on the bios load (apparantly it should go straight past it).

The strange thing is, when I connect my mp3 player to the usb socket, it recognises a connection and starts to charge, so there is deffinetly power there. My keyboard works, becuase i am using it to write this thread (on my old computer).

Can anyone help?

My motherboard is a brand new Gigabyte GA-P35-S3

No they don't, as long as you plug them into the USB ports on the motherboard and not through a card.

Apparantley my RAM speed is not supported by the motherboard (too low). Would this cause the problem?

Here you go nasha, crappy picture:

Photo-0022.jpg

Why arent you using your ram next to each other, have you tried it in diffrent slots?

That picture isn't what the finished product looked like. Each ram slot was filled, and the graphics card was installed.

Back
Top Bottom