Hardware questions plus which computer should i purchase?

bugsbunny500

Beta member
Hi im looking into buying a new computer, specifically for gaming. I do not need some powerhouse thats gonna break my bank. I am currently looking at a HP Pavillion, http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-amd-athlon-ii-440-triple-core-processor-computer-p6532f-future-shop-exclusive-p6532f/10146054.aspx?path=9af79f31328e88512d64b62d11966d82en02
So my first question is, how are graphics card rated? This one has an ATI Radeon HD 4200. I want to play a game like StarCraft II or Company of Heroes, which requires 256MB NIVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or better . . . k so what does this mean? How am i suppose to compare the ATI one to the NVIDIA? is it the last numbers that determine how good it is? The game also requires a Pixel Shader, where do I get this, or does it come with the video card? What should I look for when I am buying a monitor?
Can you please tell me if you would recommend buying this computer to play new games, on medium settings? Lastly I need a monitor, would this be a good one? http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/emachines-emachines-21-5-widescreen-lcd-monitor-with-5ms-response-time-e211h-bb-e211h-bb/10137246.aspx?path=3f57e5adce1b01e9ae027bba4cc3368een02

Okay... Graphics cards are rated on a few things; Core Clock, Memory, Memory Clock, Stream Processors, Connectors (DDR2, DDR3, GDDR5, Etc.) and many more. When your looking for a graphics card, you want a card with a high core clock. Honestly, the ATI HD 4200 is nothing. Its not even on Newegg.com (The site most people on this site order parts from). If you wanna game efficiently, build your own computer. That way you know exactly what your money is going into, and what your rig will be capable of.

As for monitors, you'll want an LCD monitors for gaming. Looking for a high refresh rate monitor such as 120 HZ. And look for big brands, such as HP, Asus, etc.

P.S. The computer you chose has a 5400 RPM HD. For gaming, thats not very good. Like I said, build your own computer.

Back
Top Bottom