hardware problem

agentfazexx

Solid State Member
alright... here's my problem
I got a Memorex dual layer dvd burner for xmas. I installed the nero suite that came with it, but for some reason, it made my computer freeze up. I would restart, come into windows and do whatever. I tried it after re-installing it, it froze and I rebooted. After coming back into windows it said it had a cd driver error, it had corrected it and had to reboot. I did that, message came up, rebooted again and nothing happened. The cdrom says that it cant update drivers [it isn't even under 'My Computer'] and I tried putting in a different cdrom, same thing happened. Scanned with pc-cillin, and updated windows, nothing happened, still the same errors. Would this be a harware error? or yet another windows error

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

It almost sounds like you have a bad IDE controller. Your comp should have 2. Have you tried putting it on the other controller?

As for drivers, you really don't need any. Don't waste your time trying to install them.

I guess make sure you master/slave settings are correct, but I doubt this is the problem...

the other ide slot wont work, and this is how I have it setup, the cable goes from ide1 to the hdd, then from the hdd to the cdrom. The cdrom is set as slave, hdd set as master. Am I doing something wrong???

Back
Top Bottom