Hardware Installation Order

can you do that even when the mobo is installed + plugged in???

to do that you would want to have the powersupply plugged in and grounded amirite?

You can do it when it's empty or full. It doesn't matter if you have the power supply in there or not.

I do motherboard, CPU, and RAM outside the computer. Then put it all in. Install hard drive. Then hook up connection cables. Then install the video card. Then finally hook up all power cables.

I've just touched the inside metal of the case for so long that I keep touching it every few seconds while I have my case open, it is a much better habit than biting my nails and is really all you need to do, I've never even used a static wrist strap (or whatever they're called) let alone owned one...

if you cant complete the build in one sitting, what should you do to insure that dust and pet hair (i have a short-haired dog) dont fall on components?

Maybe throw a plastic trash bag over the parts?

if you cant complete the build in one sitting, what should you do to insure that dust and pet hair (i have a short-haired dog) dont fall on components?

Get on hardwood and don't let pets get near it. They won't make your computer explode, or anything. Just can just dust or air them out when you're done.

If the parts are in the case, just put the side panel on. Otherwise you could cover them with a towel or plastic bags.

Yes, that memory will run fine on that motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom