Hardrive recovery problems

high noon

Beta member
Hello, this is my first post on the forums and I was hoping this would be a place to start my search for an awnser. My Storage harddrive is reading corrupt and damaged disk that cant be opened, scanned for errors to be corrected, and it doesnt show that it holds any information at all. Its a 260 gig that when I captured a mini dv tape that was a dubbed DVD for school work, it was almost an hour after the capture and the editing program said the files were corrupted and not accessable. I pulled my hiar out trying to figure out how to delete that file, no luck. Finally upon reading the properties for the drive it said it was wiped clean, instead of almost half full of my work. I'm wondering is there any way to recover what has been lost? Even if the drive is screwed, can I trasfer the data onto another one?

The disk read RAW as the type I just read something that made me think that would be helpful to know.

Well, to repartition it, got to Computer Management and crate a partition and reformat it from there. Now, for your files...isn't therere a program called Undelete?

I dont have any idea if that such program exists. Could be, I never found anything like that. I'm hoping that there is someone on here that know what RAW means. I'd repartition and reformat if I had too, I was hoping to recover the lost data though.

when i delete my partition with xp cd....it's a "raw"...but then u format it with a file system, and it goes to your file system, so i'm guessing it means its not formatted...if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me., good luck, hope this helps a little!

Back
Top Bottom