Harddrive issue

Just to clarify for you; the CMOS battery is what keeps all of your settings saved under BIOS. /occasionally/, BIOS can cause the OS to not load. but it's typically only on Nvidia chipset boards.

I'll try and give it a shot.

was that a pointless post? lol no offense neodude. But it just seems like a OS issue..uhh i can link you to the disk if you need.

Well im just speaking from experience,i have had several computer where when the Clock battery went dead (For some reason,one motherboard i had wouldnt charge the clock battery LOL) it would just sit at a black screen with a cursor in the middle and that's it.

It just sounded like what the OP is going through,so i decided to post :rolleyes:

Yet no offence taken,but i would highly recommend the OP try what i said.

Well im just speaking from experience,i have had several computer where when the Clock battery went dead (For some reason,one motherboard i had wouldnt charge the clock battery LOL) it would just sit at a black screen with a cursor in the middle and that's it.

It just sounded like what the OP is going through,so i decided to post :rolleyes:

Went and tried it, but the same thing happened.

an easy way to tell if your cmos battery is dead/dying is to keep an eye on the date and time in your bios, that's almost always the first thing to go when a battery is dead/dying, usually if it's keeping the date and time it's kept all the other info as well...

Back
Top Bottom