Harddrive help please

syxxthmunky

Solid State Member
Hi all,

My names Ellis and I am new around here and i was finding help on a harddrive question i have and i came to this forum so just wondering if you members would like to help me out :D

So... My 20 GiG drive is nearly finished now (Only got 1.94 GB left!) I want to get this harddrive from ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30967&item=5103423996&rd=1

Is this harddrive any good and will it be compatible with my current PC?

My specs are:

550 MHZ
256 MB SD RAM
20 GIG HARDDRIVE (well 1.94 GB now)
Matrox MGA-200 G-200 Graphics Card

er... anything that i need to add? lol

Thanks all!

It will be compatable yeh. But like what windows you have as My windows ME only gets 60GB of my 80Gb disk then i gotta make another 20GB partition. So if that aint a problem, then it will be fine.

That's great news for me then :D But why did 20 GIG get taken out of your 80 GIG Harddrive leaving you with just 60? I have Windows 98 Second Edition by the way.

Well it dont like remove it. it just doesnt partition it, windows doesnt use it. If you want the extra space, a little bif fdisk will do the trick. It will partition your left over space and so youll have two partitions, Im sure a programe with partition magic can merge them though.

Back
Top Bottom