Harddrive Help?

Drain You

In Runtime
Hey, this was my first build everythings run smoothely except I bought A Western Digital 250gb Harddrive but its only showing up as a 137 or something. Anybody know whats wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Did you buy directly from a store or company? Or was it an ebay item, or bought off of an individual? But another answer i can offer is, depending on which operating system you used, you might have partitioned the HDD, so it will only show the size of the partion created for the operating system.

I got it off of Newegg NEW, and also I just was clicking around and it told me my computer does not have the right support to Recognize Harddrives over 137gb

Does this disk have SP2 on it, if not when you install an operating system like win xp SP1 ...it will not recognize the full hhd space unless SP2 is installed.

~mr mixx~ said:
Does this disk have SP2 on it, if not when you install an operating system like win xp SP1 ...it will not recognize the full hhd space unless SP2 is installed.
he's right, i had that same problem with i reformatting using my SP1 disc.

Once SP2 is installed you can go into your management console, right click "My Computer">manage>disk management, there you'll see the the remaining unpartitioned space you can right click on it and create a partition and format it.

Back
Top Bottom