which harddrive to get from this site??

120GB Western Digital® Caviar® SE SATA-100 7200RPM 8Mb 8.9ms OEM - 8 Mb Cache - 3
or
200GB Western Digital® Caviar® SE SATA-100 7200RPM 8Mb 8.9ms OEM - 8Mb Cache - 3

Both will serve you well, the 200 gb is definitly worth it tho, its a lil bit more money for a lot more space.

thanks alot man, so u sure those are the best hds for gaming. something must be wrong with seagate and maxtor.

western digital is pretty much the most trusted name in harddrives. a lot of people say maxtors are too loud, i think mine is so i didn't reccomend one of those. I did not reccomend seagate simply because western digital is a much bigger giant in terms of reliability and how many harddrives come off their production line.

wait a minute i was looking at that site again and there sata and ata section. which one is best for gaming the western 200gb sata 2 or western 200gb ata??

250g maxtor you really dont need more storage plus it has 16mb cache unlike the rest so the maxtor is the better buy!

aowen416 said:
250g maxtor you really dont need more storage plus it has 16mb cache unlike the rest so the maxtor is the better buy!

Agreed. 250GB is huge. Is it 7200 rpm or is it the new faster 10000rpm?

none on the site are 10,000rpm, all 7,200 i was going to get a 10,000 for the comp i orderd today but the performance to price ratio wasnt big enough so ill wait untill they get cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom