harddrive beep

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
ok so like when my computer turns on, the hardrive SOMETIMES BEEPS, other times it will be on for like 30minutes and then beep, there is no like constant schedule as to when it does it, and it does it when the drive is hot and cold. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?!?!?!?! BECAUSE IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE?!?!?!?!?!????

All new HDs have SMART (Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology). In lamen terms, the BIOS/software receives SMART attributes like HD temp, errors, and more from the HD. When a SMART attribute value reaches a threshold value, the BIOS/software alerts you that a SMART attribute value(s) have reached a threshold value and beeps to let you know... If you have SMART software, it can tell you these info and predict impending drive failures. BUT hearing a beep doesnt always mean a bad thing... It just tells you that something's not normal in your HD, most likely temperature.

Just to be safe, you should download SMART software to see exactly what the problem is.

no because as i said it will happen when i first turn my pc on and it is just repetitive, it does not have a "rythm" of any kind and also the beep is coming from the HD not the Mother board

thank you smartass, it is just a beep, not like a tune, it could be from two components hitting each other

AnonymousI said:
All new HDs have SMART (Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology). In lamen terms, the BIOS/software receives SMART attributes like HD temp, errors, and more from the HD. When a SMART attribute value reaches a threshold value, the BIOS/software alerts you that a SMART attribute value(s) have reached a threshold value and beeps to let you know... If you have SMART software, it can tell you these info and predict impending drive failures. BUT hearing a beep doesnt always mean a bad thing... It just tells you that something's not normal in your HD, most likely temperature.

Just to be safe, you should download SMART software to see exactly what the problem is.
Just a comment on your sig, how can you say it isn't the fault of the computer?, I agree that the hardware/software etc can cause problems, & the operator can gum up the works sometimes, but you're saying it's the guy at the keyboard all the time!!
shock.gif

Back
Top Bottom