Hardcore virus! Plz help me!

DirtBikeRidr

In Runtime
Ok, so I got this computer and this virus is just not letting me into any of my computer files, and slows it down alot.

I tried to reformat using my Windows XP cd, but it won't even let me load the cd.

Is there any way that i can reformat another way?

Well, boot from CD, without going into Windows..

Try booting into safe mode though and get rid of the virus, or at least back your things up!

Nope, like i said it won't let me boot my win xp cd. theres nothing in the computer that i really need to save, luckily.

Is there some physical way that i can reformat? or am i basicly screwd?

Same thing happened to me. Unplug your HDD and it will not be able to read the boot sector, therefore booting from your CD drive. Then plug it back in and format if you must, but I would try rewriting your boot sector in the recovery console first. That fixed a similar problem for me. Good luck.

john123 said:
legal or burned copy? possibly burnt wrong...

Legal

D-Lew said:
Same thing happened to me. Unplug your HDD and it will not be able to read the boot sector, therefore booting from your CD drive. Then plug it back in and format if you must, but I would try rewriting your boot sector in the recovery console first. That fixed a similar problem for me. Good luck.

You got a point! I'll try that out and give u guys the update. Thx

if all else fails, take it the hhd out of your computer and smash it with a hammer..just kidding.

you could also just take it out of your computer, make it a sleve by moving over the jumper on the back of the hhd, give it to someone to put into thier computer and have them scan it with their anti-virus.

i have tried that before and it worked for me, without having to re-install the OS

Back
Top Bottom