Hard Drives

oOCursleyOo

In Runtime
Say you have a hard drive and everything is stored on it such as your OP, music, documents and other things but then you get an extra HD fitted, when you transfer all your files exept the OP, is there still like an imprint on yur 1st HD of all files? So its not got as much space on it as you would expect?

Before I answer, i want to make sure I have this right. So you are asking if there is still a little bit used space from the files you moved onto the new drive left on the old?

If I have that right, then technically yes, but the operating system will not tell you that. The only thing left over is a little bit of magnetic charge on the platters from the files, however that space has been marked as open and ready for new files so windows or what ever will see it as free.

Before I answer, i want to make sure I have this right. So you are asking if there is still a little bit used space from the files you moved onto the new drive left on the old?

If I have that right, then technically yes, but the operating system will not tell you that. The only thing left over is a little bit of magnetic charge on the platters from the files, however that space has been marked as open and ready for new files so windows or what ever will see it as free.

So its just like overwriting it then?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom