hard drives!

jay8990

Daemon Poster
2 points...

if i had a second hard drive, plugged it into my new computer and just formatted it. would that be ok as a means of clearing it?

and then if i put the formatted drive in a old computer, stuck my windows xp cd in (taking the key from the old computer and using it) would xp install ok on it?

thanks in advance

Formatting the disk is "OK" means of clearing it..

For the average user all information is gone.. For some advanced to expert users you can use disk utilities that will bring back the information.

But for your situation, yes what you did is fine.

You can put the blank harddrive in another computer and install XP on it.. However you are only licensed for 1 serial number for your disk. Meaning you can't use that same serial number on two different computers. While it will install and activate. You may have problems in the future with the activations and updates.

i am planning on using the same serial on the same computer, just a clean install of the os. will i have trouble? none of the hardware in the computer is changing, just fresh install of the os (and wipe of the hd to get rid of adware/spyware/virus/everything thats preventing it form working)

what ya think?

yeah that will work fine..

Remember to backup your saved data..
mydoc, favorites, bookmarks, pics, music and so on...

Back
Top Bottom