Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-18-2006, 02:03 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Hard Drive Recover HELP!

OK, I was re-formatting my hard drive and I accedentely deleted the wrong hard drive (the Hard drive with ALL my back-up) I didn't proceed with a full format I just deleted the harddrive (the whole press "L" to delete stuff). I installed windows onto my OTHER HDD and I have not touched the HDD I wanna recover, how can I come about recovering my files??? I tried a couple programs but they didn't work (recover my files V3.60, Active UNDELETE) I really want these files back, I had some some stuff that would be hard to replace

Googi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:20 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Hard Drive Recover HELP!

u can take it a professional and they should be able to recover everything, dunno how much it costs though

Old 06-18-2006, 04:38 AM   #3
In Runtime

And this is why I unplug all other hard drives apart from the one that I'm going to format & reinstall on.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:50 AM   #4
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Quote:
Originally Posted by eViLoNe
And this is why I unplug all other hard drives apart from the one that I'm going to format & reinstall on.
Maybe, but its a little late now... he needs advice on how to fix it, he has allready made his mistake.
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Beta Member

being in University isn't exactly a high paying position. Sooooo taking it into a pro to get it fix really isn't a good option for me right now
Googi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

Quote:
being in University isn't exactly a high paying position. Sooooo taking it into a pro to get it fix really isn't a good option for me right now
We understand that however it appears this may be the only option. I believe to recover data from a formatted HD is nearly impossible unless you really know what your doing. Maybe find a forum excuslively invovling harddrives.

However here is a few links

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

http://www.stellarinfo.com/

http://www.pctools.com/file-recover/?ref=google_fr

This does however mention the data may be premantely gone (as in not even pros can fix it) if the portion of the drive has been used again.

Hence the reson for senstive HDs that hold senstive information to be reformated, and refilled severla times over making it impossible to recover. You may of overwritten that part of the hD and they are gone for good.

I suggest a profissional above all else. I don't consider recovering data from a formated HD a DIY job.