Hard drive not working

wpccrazy

Solid State Member
So i have Ultra 100 by promise technologies which gives me more ata slots. So I plug in the hard drive to it and it doesn't work. After messing around with it a lot im almost there. I see the hard drive and the ultra 100 in device manager but not like in windows or the program it came with to partition the drive. Its a 160g seagate. I also put in 2 other hard drives to the ultra that had operating systems and it didn't see it either. Any suggestions?

It'll simply need to be formatted before Windows will see it as a drive.

Go to the Control Panel, and then to Administrative Tools, Computer Management.

Then within this, select the Disk Management tab from the left and right click the drive that isn't working and select Format from the List.

Then simply follow the instructions, and when its done, I'd restart, and it should be fine to use and store files on.

I hope this helps :)

AHHHH thank you so much now I have enough space for the lan and a little moochie moochie if ya know what I mean :-O Also the thing was talking about it can't see past 137 gig which makes since becuase it says there is 128 gig open which is about right. If I use like partition pro do you think it will see it all?

Back
Top Bottom