Hard drive not installed

Oh...you might have a problem then. I'm sure you can do it somewhere though :p

I just hope it works the way I think it would. It does say install disc, and you'd assume to want to install that, you wouldn't have any...

By any chance does your hard drives support IDE as well?

Uh. Dunno. My motherboard does. Dunno about my HDD. I'll ask my friend tomorrow about this whole problem. Thanks anyway.

downloaded file

hello again. i downloaded the necessary file in school. hope it'll work. it should do. this is what i did:
downloaded "disk133.exe" file to desktop.
unzipped file on desktop
copied the new unzipped file to floppy

and now ill have to wait for this boring day to end so that i can try and get Windows working :p . it should work now, right? i havent missed anything...?

I don't think so, as you probably did download the right driver (SATA right?)

FIRST PLAN OF ACTION TO PUT ON FLOPPY:

What I think you might have to do now is run that file on the desktop to unzip it (some exes can be ran to unzip or should i say, extract more than one file to the desktop) and then place the results on a formatted floppy disc like i said before :)

SECOND PLAN OF ACTION TO PUT ON FLOPPY:

It might though need to be put straight on a formatted floppy disc, so i'm not sure on that.
So run it on the desktop. If it extracts more files onto the desktop for you, then you place these files on a formatted floppy disc.

If it just starts running it or comes up with a message like "This is for a DOS installation", just place it straight on a formatted floppy disc without worrying, okay? Sorry I don't sound sure on what to do, but I know that one of those two are right so try both!

REMEMBER: To format a floppy disc, you place one in the floppy drive in windows, and you right click the A: drive and go to format. You then choose to format it and wait for it to complete, and then place the file or files onto the drive.

INSTALLING!:

PLAN OF ACTION:

In bios make the cd first, floppy second, hard drive third (precaution)

Now DONT put the floppy disk in yet! :p

Run Windows Setup from the CD and while it is installing
(you know when it is scanning for nessessary drivers?)
it'll come up with a message saying "Do you need to install third party SATA drivers" or something like that while doing this.

I think you press F6 if you want to install SATA drivers (check the message for the right key. Should be F6).

It'll then ask you "Setup could not determine the type of mass storage device installed"

At the bottom of the Windows Installation though, it'lll say to press "S" to specify, so do :)

You now place the disk in the floppy drive and press Enter to carry on when it comes up with "Please insert the floppy disk. Press Enter when ready."

Windows Setup will then carry on as normal after installing the driver :D

You should then be set. Sorry about all the trouble getting to this, but I'm sure this'll do it. I really hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot for your step-by-step tutorial. I really appreciate it. I'm sure everything will work. I'll reply with the results.

Ah. In this BIOs setting, i CANT set my floppy in any order. all i can do is my CD, and my two hard drives (which i forgot to mention: i have 2 HDDs).this could be a problem :(

oops lol. nevermind. the floppy disk cable wasnt connectted to the motherboard :D. so now i CAN put it in my BIOS setting order arrangement thingy. lets see if it works now.. *oooo* it must

Back
Top Bottom