Hard drive not installed

well, i never had this problem before. it worked fine with Linux, and Windows before that. (I accidently removed my previous version of Windows).

Yeah. It looks like the drivers will have to be re-installed then before Windows will see your hard drive in SATA ^

I hope that guide helps :)

Well uh the guide doesn't help a newb like me. I don't think I have a motherboard support CD...

Oh...I'm sorry :( I'll post links on here then for you to download to put on a floppy disc to boot up with :)

In bios, you'll need to switch before the cd rom drive reads, to read the floppy disc drive which should boot it.

Before I start searching though, do you know what make and model of motherboard you have? :)

Sure.

Abit KV8 MAX3, Via K8T800, 6.1 Sound, 6xSATA, GBit LAN, Firewire IEEE1394

Is there NO other way?

I partitioned my hard drive to delete Linux. okay. Successful. And now I think I have an Unallocated hard drive.

Maybe I need to re-partition it? So please give me some info on that.

When in the Windows setup, you'll be able to reformat drives and delete partitions, making the 1 partiton the whole size again, so don't worry.

Here we go :) Scroll down to ABIT SATA Installation Disk:

http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/mot...E=KV8-MAX3&fMTYPE=Socket 754&pPRODINFO=Driver

You'll need to place these on a blank formatted floppy disc. So place one into the drive, right click the A: drive and select Format from the list.

Finally run the EXE file (unless it asks to put this on the floppy on its own) and it should unzip it onto a folder, which you can then place on the floppy and reboot to run it :)

I hope this helps

But... do I do all this on the computer with the "uninstalled" hard drives. I can't do anything. Just enter my BIOS setting. But maybe if I change my Primary Master and Slave IDE values? Setting them to 'Auto' doesn't do anything.

No, do it on the PC you are on now, putting it onto floppy disc as I think its a bootable program from bootup, so after you have done that, start up the other pc with the windows disc in.

It might run and just select to ignore the SATA drivers at the moment. In the middle of the installation it might then ask for the drivers, and you'd insert the disc so it could take the drivers off it.

Though it might bootup and drag it off itself when you have it in

I hope it does. Report back :)

Back
Top Bottom