Hard Drive Help

i had Vista on my system for about 2 months, and then i decided i wanted to setup dual booting
(2 days ago) --- So i installed a fresh instalation of both xp and vista, and all was well for the 1st 3 reboots, and after that it wasnt showing the boot menu(to choose to boot XP or Vista) and it was jsut booting straight into XP
And i could access the 500GB drive at this time ..

(Yesterday) --- So on last time i whiped it and installed XP again and when i was in the xp install in said my 500GB (storage dirve with issues) was
E: Partion 1 (Inactive OS/2) 4????? MB ( 1????? MB Free)

So i boot into xp after installing windows on striped 36GB raptors
And it wasnt showing my 500GB in my computer

and now im here

Seems your 500gb was mounted on your raptor hdd as "Documents" when you had vista installed.

Boot with vista and see if you can dig into your 500gb data by going to "Documents". (Don't confuse with "My Documents")

Look in your raptor hdd's for a folder named "Documents"

If you can't get it to work, convert your disks to Dynamic Disks. This is completely safe. Right click your C:/ drive and convert that to Dynamic Disk, Simple Volume. Then, convert your 500gb hdd to Dynamic Disk, here you can make it a Simple Volume (which gives it a letter of your choice) or you can mount that hdd as a folder (ex: "Documents") onto C:/, this puts your 500gb hdd in the C:/ drive with the name "Documents"

Hmm, so can vista see the drive????
Is it just a problem with XP?

No, both vista and xp have the same file system. The problem is that the 500gb does not have a (volume or Partition letter). The hdd itself is pretty much a 500gb folder with all his data in there. In this case, the hdd is a huge folder named "Documents". Converting the hdd's to dynamic disks will give the option of assigning the drives a letter or a folder directory (mounted on another drive)

Um i will try installing vista and see if i can get in it from there, i havent been on the compter much the last day
so ill try that problly tomorrow i think

Back
Top Bottom