hard drive help..

kchi55

Fully Optimized
this probably sounds really stupid, but uh.. i've had a hitachi deskstar 250GB hdd for about half a year now but i haven't activated the 3.0gb/s feature yet. i know my mobo is capable, i'm just a bit lost as to how to do it. i tried the feature tool once, but i sorta got lost right around there.

doesnt it have instructions in the paperwork that came with the drive? not sure about that, I havent used any of those drives yet, but wouldnt mind getting one. the local computer store here has 250GB PATA HDD's on sale right now for like $92.00 and 160GB Drives for $69.99 and 80GB drives for $59.99 :D thinkin about picking a few up

my hitachi deskstar is only 92 dollars right now on newegg.. id suggest that instead of that 250gb pata. i got it working though.. thanks.. it took me a while to figure out i forgot to plug the psu into the floppy drive... lol.
[edit] when i restart my computer.. it says loading hitachi feature tool.. then it gives me an internal error 0222.. does anyone know what this means?

maybe a driver, or a setting on one of the jumpers on the drive itself, other than that im not sure.

Back
Top Bottom