hard drive fried??

surfshack66

Solid State Member
i think my msi 163a laptop will not recognize the hard drive...when i try to boot it says this

PXE e61 media test failure, check cable
boot failure
press any key to continue

if i boot from my vista disc to repair. it cannot find an operating system but it gives me the option to load drivers, which doesnt help because i dont know which drivers to load,

tried changing boot order around to enable just hard drive, but then i get bootmgr is missing

also when i turn on my computer it sits on the screen that says intel, press del key to run setup. press f11 tp run boot meny, press tab jey to show post sreen

i tried all of those and the only one that works is the last one...if i keep pressing delete it will bring up the bios

so this is where im stuck...any help would be great

also when i tried to reinstall windows it was fine up until it displayed unable to update registry, or something like that, and it said it cancelled the intstallation

i was able to format my hard drive with the vista disc...so i guess that means my hard drive is fine....but i was lucky i was able to even get to that point because it takes forever to load the disc...im tring to reinstall now...i get to the point where it says press any key to boot from disc, then i see the bar that says loading windows files on the bottom of the screen, then it i see a black screen with a cursor in the middle, and thats where it stops...it just stays on that screen, if im lucky it will continue but i have to keep rebooting and trying again, whats the issue here?

Back
Top Bottom