Hard Drive Freezing

nickbuddy1111

In Runtime
I need some help, when ever I try to format windows, it freezes half way through, my computer is now unusable due to this, it is very annyoing because my other computer is junk. Ok so I have a 200gb Segate HDD 7500 rpm. When I try to reformat windows, I delete all existing partitions, and creat a 50gb one and install windows on that. I get past the junky blue screen where it formats it and stuff, and I get to the windows xp themed screen where it installs it. (its the screen where it shows whats new in xp) It says approximate time left it just says 39 minutes, and I have left it on for over an hour and no progress at all, if anyone knows how to fix this please help

XP will freeze on the install if it doesn't like a driver or a piece of hardware. Remove all the pci units except the video card and all but one ram module. Do the install and then add the other ram, then the pci units one at a time. reboot after each addition. If it won't load that way, swap the ram and/or the video card.

i thought freezing was always due to heat. turn up the ac or get a big fan right up against it with the case side door off.

nickbuddy111 said:
Ok so I have a 200gb Segate HDD 7500 rpm. When I try to reformat windows, I delete all existing partitions, and creat a 50gb one and install windows on that.

it doesn't really matter but i don't think there is a such thing as a 7500rpm HDD. are your sure it isn't 7200rpm?

Back
Top Bottom